Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Putting your Best Face Forward: The Intro

I get asked all the time about makeup. Many people knew me from my Health and Beauty Youtube videos before they ever met me in real life. Throughout the course of my work day my students always comment on my makeup, and I get emails and messages on youtube from my subscribers to come back and do more beauty reviews and videos. In an effort to share some knowledge about a topic that I most certaintly love while also helping individuals to put their Best Face Forward, I have decided to start a short little blog series devoted to
Makeup and Image for the Professional Woman.
 
A few days ago, I received a facebook message from a woman asking me how I achieved flawless skin. She was specifically referring to my skincare regimen...needless to say, I responded to her in big bold letters: FOUNDATION! I am laughing even as I write this, because good foundation applied correctly will give you the appearance of flawless skin and people will think you use miracle berries as face wash when really you just applied a little Estee Lauder before you left the house.
 
Do not get me wrong, skin care is key to achieving great makeup. You have to start with a great canvas before you can paint a masterpiece, right? I will not go into the specifics of skin care here, but please, before you tackle the fine art of makeup application, make sure that you have a great skin care regimen that works for your skin. This might require some trial and error, but do your research. There are quite a few factors that will affect what products you use and how you use them including but not limited to: type of skin, your age, skin conditions, your environment, etc...so research based on those factors and remember to K.I.S.S (keep it simple, sweetie) ...the simpler and more natural you can go with your skincare, the better.
 
Now on to foundation. Makeup foundation is a tricky beast to tackle and will probably require a few posts to really explain it thoroughly. One important thing to note when trying to find the right foundation for you is your skin type. If you do not know your skin type, it will be very hard to find the right foundation. I have oily skin...like severly oily skin. By midday depending on the type of primer I've used, I look like a disco ball. The foundation that suits my skin the best are oil-free liquid foundations, souffle type foundations, and powder foundations. So my first order of business is to help you find the right type of foundation for your skin.
 
Check out the next installment of this series for all of my tips to find the right foundation.
 
In the words of my youtube personality, Akabobbiedoll03: Stay Pretty :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment