Sunday, January 1, 2012

#ONEWORD2012

My New Years Eve was a day of pure reflection for me. 2011 was a year of new problems, new pressures, new challenges, and new opportunities for me. My #oneword for 2011 was "Shine". Being a new professional, I made a conscious decision in 2011 that I wanted to make my self stand out from my peers, I wanted to find that special something inside of me that made me shine and I wanted to put it to action.

As I look back over last year, I can do nothing but smile because I feel I accomplished just that. I Shined in 2011...and now as I go into 2012 I know that there will be new problems, new pressures, new challenges, and new opportunities coming my way. 2012 is going to be a year of maturity, growth, and change for me.

I have thought long and hard about my #oneword2012 and for this year,
I have chosen the word "Embrace".

Why Embrace?

I know that 2012 is going to bring me a whirlwind of changes, decisions, opportunities, stressors, challenges, etc....however I want to embrace everything that is going to be thrown my way. A lot of times I have gone through my life always thinking about whats next and although that is not a bad thing, I want to conciously make the decision to embrace the present. So in 2012, I am making the conscious decision to embrace my life for all the craziness that it is going to be.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great one! Wishing you best of luck as you embrace 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete